Re: Changing snippets in the documentation

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: Changing snippets in the documentation
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 18:29:34 -0700

On 12/14/08 6:01 PM, "John Mandereau" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Le dimanche 14 décembre 2008 à 17:41 -0700, Carl D. Sorensen a écrit :
>> I changed a snipped that is in fretted-strings.itely.   When I run make web
>> in Documentation/user, everything works fine.  When I run make web from .,
>> the process stops on a snippet that has been extracted from
>> fretted-strings.itely and has not been changed.  I can't figure out why.
>
> I can't either... unless you post the last lines of make web output.

The make web choked on trying to run a lilypond snippet.  I looked at the
snippet, and the reason that lilypond choked was because the snippet was the
*old* version of the snippet, not the new version of the snippet.  So the
last lines of the make web output aren't likely to be helpful.  If there are
helpful lines in the output, they would be likely to show up somewhere
above, where snippets are extracted from the .itely files.

> It
> would be nice if you could also report whether a clean build of the same
> Git revision works for you.

OK, I'll try the clean build.

Thanks,

Carl