LP's staff lines are thinner than Henle...

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: LP's staff lines are thinner than Henle...
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 22:45:44 -0800 (PST)

LM 1.1 Background - "Engraving" states:

"our staff lines... are also
much thicker than lines in the
computer edition."

In both the HTML and PDF versions, LilyPond's staff lines are
in fact the thinnest when compared. I've included a png to
make this easier to see. In the HTML version, the distance
from top to bottom staff line of the LP example was smaller
than the other 2, but even when scaling the LP example to
match the other 2 (as I've done here) the LP lines are still
the thinnest. The PDF example is magnified about 300 times.

Can someone explain this?

- Mark