Re: Building LilyPond with GUB on a 64bit machine with 32bit OS

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Building LilyPond with GUB on a 64bit machine with 32bit OS
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 20:49:56 +0100

Op dinsdag 16-12-2008 om 18:33 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Reinhold
Kainhofer:

[back onto lily-devel]

> Actually, even that does not work, since during the execution of the
> configure
> checks, there is
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/reinhold/lilypond/gub/target/tools/root/usr/lib"

Why is this a problem?  We are not running guile-config, this is part of
why we have TARGET-guile-config.

> Should the LD_LIBRARY_PATH really be set during the execution of lilypond's
> configure script???

Good question, but is this what breaks your configure run?

Every binary in tools should either have a wrapper, or
be using rpath.  It is being set in gub/target.py:

            'LD_LIBRARY_PATH': '%(tools_prefix)s/lib'
            + misc.append_path (os.environ.get ('LD_LIBRARY_PATH', '')),

it would be nice to have documented why we [think we] need this.

Of course, you're building on a somewhat tricky system, while I would
not be suprised to see build problems on a plain x64_64 system

Jan.