MIDI piano out of tune with itself?

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: MIDI piano out of tune with itself?
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 00:47:10 -0800 (PST)

Has anyone else experienced an apparent out-of-tune-ness
with the MIDI piano sound? I don't mean 30 cents flat, as
I've seen discussed elsewhere, but rather it sounds to me
as if the "piano" is not in tune with itself. I don't
have a file handy to demonstrate this at the moment, but
other topics in this mailing-list reminded me about this.
Maybe I'll try to come up with a file to demonstrate, but
before I forget, has anyone else felt this way or heard
any discussion regarding this?

Thanks.
- Mark