Re: 2.12 uploaded

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: 2.12 uploaded
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 16:58:48 +0100

[Reinhold]
> For such a big release it would have been nice to have a fixed date beforehand
so that one can make sure that everything that is supposed to be in there is
really in. For example, I have two local patches, which I think should go in
2.12.

[Valentin]
> I hope (and believe) everything will be much neater when 2.12.1 comes.

[John]
> (a Christmas release is nice, but then
I must explain my relatives why I stick to the computer :-P)

Same applies to me, as a humble translator. Having been fairly
uptodate most of the time, is a pity this big Xmas release is a sort
of judgement day one never knows when it will arrive. A simple
deadline date would have been fine. French docs have broken links (I
promised to fix them), Spanish Help page is late committed and
therefore not published, various other Spanish web translations are
pendant and the will keep being for days from now.

Hope is put in 2.12.1 for me.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org