Re: accel./rit. in MIDI?

From: Richard Schoeller
Subject: Re: accel./rit. in MIDI?
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 14:01:44 -0500

I haven't seen a response to this. I accomplish this by using a slightly different score structure for my midi output than for the pdf output. In the midi output you can implement accel and rit by simply changing tempo. You can also deal with unfolding DS, DC, to Coda, etc.

Mark Polesky wrote:
I know it's not supported presently, but could it ever be
possible for a lilypond file to generate a MIDI file that
speeds up and slows down on command? With commands like \accel and \rit that look for the next \tempo, much like \< and \> look for the next dynamic. How hard would it be to accomplish this from a programming point of view and what might it possibly entail? Or is this idea too unwieldly to warrant exploring? If such a feature were
feasible, I dare say, it would be awesome.

- Mark