Re: SCons support in LilyPond

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: SCons support in LilyPond
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 00:39:00 +0100

Le samedi 03 janvier 2009 à 20:54 +0100, Jan Nieuwenhuizen a écrit :
> I was hoping someone would see the beauty of scons and
> junk our stepmake cruft ;-)

I'm afraid it is too late to resurrect SCons, or too early if you
prefer.  I remember a number of packages used a so-called revolutionary
program named SCons, I no longer encounter it.  Maybe it's superior to
stepmake system, but we recently consolidated the makefiles enough (e.g.
support for -j make flag, cleaning up documentation compilation) so that
we can concentrate on other problems.

> > I propose to remove it (SConscript files and buildscripts/builder.py)
>
> Sure.

I will include this removal in the patch that splits stuff in
buildscripts.

Cheers,
John