Re: LM master?

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: LM master?
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 20:08:21 -0000

Reinhold, you wrote Tuesday, January 06, 2009 7:02 PM

Am Sonntag, 4. Januar 2009 13:16:02 schrieb Trevor Daniels:
Clicking on (for example) Snippets: Section "Pitches" in Snippets
on page 2 of the NR takes you to the pitches snippet list, but
then clicking on the link back to Pitches at the top of that
snippet list, "These snippets illustrate Section "Pitches" in
Notation Reference", fails with a "file cannot be found error".
There is then no way back to the NR.

You are using a self-compiled local version, right?

No, I'm using pdfs downloaded from either your server
or lilypond.org (I can't remember which) into the same
directory.  Using Windows I have no means of compiling
them myself.

That link goes to
input/lsr/index, which on the server redirects to the documentation index...
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/input/lsr/lilypond-snippets/

The redirect is also there in out-www/offline-root/input/lsr/lilypond-
snippets/index.html
It does not work in input/lsr/out-www/lilypond-snippets/index.html, though,
because "make web" needs to shift several files around and fix cross-links
(since the snippets page is in a different directory structure than the rest
of the docs).

You might also notice that the link in the NR does not work either if you look
at the files in Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/index.html ...

As a workaround you can choose to open the snippet list in a
new window.

How about your Browser's back button?

They are not being viewed in a browser - these are pdfs being
viewed locally using Adobe Reader - we're talking about pdf
links here.  If you look at my email again you'll see it was a
response to Graham saying:

As long as the pdf files are in the same directory, @rlsr{} should
produce working links in pdf as well.  At least, it works in xpdf
and IIRC apple's Preview app.  I'm not certain about adobe reader,
but I'd be surprised if it didn't work there too.

Trevor