Beating everything in terms of speed (was: barCheckNumber to endSpanners

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: Beating everything in terms of speed (was: barCheckNumber to endSpanners)
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 16:45:27 +0100

On 12.01.2009 (15:18), Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> I use Alt+F2, typing "kai" + Return (auto-completes to
> kainhofer.com/~lilypond) in KDE's runner ;-) Beats everything in terms of
> speed.

Not really; with a QuickMark in vimperator/firefox, I type "gol" (or "gnl"
to open it in a new tab). THAT, I think, beats everything (unless you set
it as your home page).

eyolf

--
Ted Turner Unveils All-Commercial Channel

For years, the pundits have predicted that the Web would become more like
television. However, media tycoon Ted Turner is pursuing the exact
opposite. Taking a cue from pop-under advertisements, Flash ads,
get-rich-quick spam emails, viral marketing, and "Gator" programs, Turner
has unveiled "TCC", the Turner Commercial Channel, for cable TV.

TCC will feature "shows" like "Best Commercials That You've Seen A Million
Times", "Life Is A Slogan, Just Buy It", and "Name That Jingle". These
shows will occupy about 30% of the screen, while several rows of marquees
at the bottom will flash various advertising messages. An animated "TCC"
watermark will float around the screen while corporate logos are flashed
randomly in the corners.

Meanwhile, "pop-up ads" will randomly appear that obscure the other ads.
These pop-ups will sometimes be further obscured by meta-pop-ups.
Likewise, corporate jingles will play in the background, interfering with
other jingles and advertising sounds.