Re: FW: Artificial harmonics with sounding pitch in parenthesis

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: FW: Artificial harmonics with sounding pitch in parenthesis
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 02:06:14 +0100

Carl D. Sorensen a écrit :
Graham and Trevor,

This mail below, from -user, shows why I think NR 5 and NR 6 should be
combined into one chapter, something like Extending LilyPond.

I rather agree with Trevor that these chapters should remain separate (in thread Learning Manual TOC missing subsubsubsections), see below my suggestion.

But because it's tucked away in NR6 "Interfaces for Programmers
(HARD!!!!!)", people never see it.

IMO, it's lots more gentle to just put it all in one chapter, and let the
reader decide what tasks are more challenging than he/she wants to
undertake.

Just some food for thought,

What about simply renaming NR6 "Interfaces for programmers" to "Extending LilyPond"? This would imply that all complex tweaks that extend LilyPond, e.g. using functions as overrides, should be in NR6 and not NR5.

Extending LilyPond implies programming, but hiding the term "programming" in the title would scare less users away as you point out.

Cheers,
John