Re: References in Contributor's Guide

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: References in Contributor's Guide
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 22:55:28 +0800

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 09:23:44AM -0700, Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

> AHA -- it seems I have multiple texinfo versions on my machine.  The one I
> installed with macports is version 4.13:
>
> sorensen2:lilypond-working Carl$ port info texinfo
> texinfo @4.13 (textproc)
>
> But the one that I have as part of Pdftexk is older,

Is this one part of macports?

> Any idea how I can get the right version called from  make web in
> Documentation/devel ?

My first idea is to delete the older one.  Then at the very least
you'll get a "file not found" error instead of the @quoteleft
errors.  :)

My second idea is to uninstall texinfo (if it came from macports)
and then reinstall it; hopefully then it'll use texinfo 4.13.

My third idea is for you to do a "make distclean", re-run
./autogen.sh, make sure that texinfo 4.13 is found by the
./configure script.  If it is -- and I'd imagine that it is, since
you can build Documentation/user/ -- then it should go to
Documentation/devel/.  If that still doesn't work, then you could
either
a) try looking in the build scripts to fix it yourself, or
b) ask John to look into this when he has time.

I strongly suggest b), since your work with the Frogs is much more
important than this, and our build system is fairly arcane.  I
think it would be a waste of time for you to try to understand it.