Re: Why is it _still_ so freaking hard to get info with images?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Why is it _still_ so freaking hard to get info with images?
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 12:56:34 +0100

"Carl D. Sorensen" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 3/13/09 4:51 AM, "David Kastrup" <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> It might be nice if some developers made it into a habit to try
>> building from a freshly checked out tree from time to time without
>> reverting to their secret knowledge.
>
> Is it really necessary to get nasty?

If you call that getting nasty, we likely have different standards.  But
that is not overly important: I actually am not as much interested in
necessary, but rather in sufficient conditions.

What would you propose as a sufficient measure for getting the complete
info documentation into a shape where it has reasonably chance of being
picked up by end users and distribution maintainers?

What kind of reaction from somebody who does not have the resources to
become a sophisticated developer (which would likely make me unsuitable
for reporting the end user view anyway) would you prefer?  Could you
spell it out?  I am sort of dense.