Re: linux distro recommendations?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: linux distro recommendations?
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 19:09:15 +0800

On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 03:03:12AM -0700, Mark Polesky wrote:

> I'm thinking about finally running the
> (windows->linux me) procedure, and I'm
> wondering what distros you developers
> prefer to use (and why).

Developers: debian, because it's the only sane choice.

New users: ubuntu, because it's shiny.

Honestly, any answer you get will either be "well, they all have
their strengths and weaknesses, so it's really up to you", rampant
flamebait and mindless self-cheerleading, or thinly-veiled
flamebait and very-slightly-thoughtful self-cheerleading.  I just
decided to cut to the chase by including all three in my email.
:)