LSR, updates and committishes

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: LSR, updates and committishes
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 16:49:38 +0200

I've added the committish references to Spanish translations in
input/texidoc. Now that I have found this message from John and that I
have seen what the other references look like, I am not sure the
mechanism is going to work in its current status. More below,

2008/10/29 John Mandereau <address@hidden>:
> On 2008/10/29 19:22 +0200, Till Rettig wrote:
>> John Mandereau schrieb:
>> > It would be even simpler for me to add input/texidocs/*.texidocs by
>> > default to "make check-translation" (remember you can always set the
>> > files to be checked with CHECKED_FILES makefile variable).
>> >
>> Wouldn't this require to have the commitish number?
>
> You're right. It will be complicated to handle this: we need one
> committish per language.  Thus .texidoc files should be formatted like
> this:
>
> %% Translation of GIT committish: <COMMITTISH FOR SPANISH>
> texidoces = { bla }
> doctitlees = { foo }
>
> %% Translation of GIT committish :<COMMITTISH FOR LANGUAGE ll>
> doctitlell = { gaz }
> texidocll = { baz }
>

> Francisco, Till, it would be cool if you could add committish like above
> for your translations in input/texidocs, so check-translation keeps
> working when I add these files.
>
> Cheers,
> John

Well, as they currently are, we are mixing and reinterpreting your
indication. We have a variety of

%% Translation of GIT committish :<eaf7487be...>
[note the space before the colon and the angles surrounding the committish]

%% Translation of GIT committish: <eaf7487be...>
[note the space _after_ the colon and we keekp the angles]

%% Translation of GIT committish: eaf7487be...
[note that no angles here. I think this is the correct one]

Permission to bulk fix it into the last version, in all languages.

BTW the check script for uptodateness is not there yet, is it?
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org