Re: web shortcut

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: web shortcut
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 10:46:09 -0700

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 07:13:51PM +0200, Francisco Vila wrote:
> 2009/5/29 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> > On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 04:24:46PM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> >> can someone *please* have www_post.py insert an autogenerated marker
> >> there (and any others we missed?) like we do with most every generated
> >> files?
> >
> > That's a good idea, but don't spend too long working on the
> > current webpages; I'm safely back from Singapore, and will start
> > the new web stuff within 2-3 days.
>
> Hope you've had a good travel. Sounds too stupid to set up a bug
> tracker system for web issues?

Yes, that does sound too stupid.  :)   We already have the google
tracker.  Don't re-invent the wheel.

> Also, other B.T.S. have asignees per bug,

"asignees" as in "Graham will work on this bug"?  We can use the
"owner" field for this.  I mean, nobody cares whether the bug was
added by me or Valentin.

The problem is that we don't have enough bug fixers.  If we get so
many Frogs that there's a danger of people working on the same
bugs, sure, we can start fiddling with the issue tracker.  But
right now, I really can't see that additional layer of "paperwork"
having a net gain on productivity.