Re: where to put useful lists in the docs?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: where to put useful lists in the docs?
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 01:11:31 -0700

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 10:58:53PM -0700, Mark Polesky wrote:

> Neil Puttock wrote:
> > A much more suitable home would be lily-library.scm, but you'd
> > need to document them manually as Graham suggests.
>
> Oh my gosh, why was I never told about lily-library.scm before?

Is this a serious question?  :)    Because the people who knew
about it already knew about it, and there wasn't somebody making a
huge push to document everything and stop relying on oral history.
That's why it's so vital that we have people like you, trying to
do stuff and discovering holes.  :)

> That is one of the most useful little files I've seen in a while.
> Is it mentioned in the docs?

I doubt it, and a quick grep for lily-lib didn't produce anything.
Could you add it to NR 6 somewhere?  I'm not too picky about
exactly where it does; that chapter will hopefully be rewritten in
a few months.  Just make sure it's there so the editor sees all
the info.  :)