Re: Savannah is up again

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Savannah is up again
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 10:39:08 +0200

Graham Percival a écrit :
According to
  http://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=5828
a push is precisely what we should do -- since git is a
decentralized source control system, that will upload all the
missing history.

Of course. Let's hope everybody who has pushed to Git between last backup on Savannah and the crash will push his/her changes again soon.

HOWEVER, I'm not going to do that myself, nor do I encourage you
to do so.  I suggest that we wait for the main git people on this
list to comment, and/or do it themselves.  :)

Don't worry, if you have something to push, just do it; the only difference with pushing just a backup will be (or already is) the location of the merging commits, but as we usually have very few conflicts on Lily sources, I think it's unlikely an important issue.

I'm much more worried by my inability to build the docs because of several Ghostscript failures, I'll report it in detail in another thread.

Best,
John