Re: development on windows

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: development on windows
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 09:16:44 -0500

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 3:29 AM, Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool) <address@hidden> wrote:

Tim, have you used VMware before?  This should allow you to
compile LilyPond inside a virtual machine.  I'm not certain what
the best way is to transfer the iso from Jonathan to you, though.

The goal of this iso to make it usable on a virtualization tool. The open source Sun VirtualBox can for example mount this as the virtual hard disk.

Once it's ready maybe I can create a torrent?  I've never done that before but it's probably the best way to transfer it.  It'll take a while.
I can also give you FTP access to one of the servers run by me where you could upload it. That would be the easiest.

Bert

Thanks, Bertalan, that would be great.  I have a very slow upload speed, though, so it might be quicker to snail mail a DVD to someone. :)

I'm close to having a solution to this.  I created an .iso of my own regular xubuntu installation last night, installed it freshly this morning on a different partition, and the lilypond builds all worked perfectly.  Just now I removed all of the software I think is superfluous and am running another doc-build. If it works I'll create an .iso from it and see how big it is.  The one I made last night was huge, 1.5GB,  but it had all the non-lily related stuff I always install and it wasn't created from a fresh OS install the way it's recommended.  This one should be considerably smaller.

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com