Re: priority problem \fermataMarkup vs. text markup

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: priority problem \fermataMarkup vs. text markup
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 09:41:36 +0100

Werner LEMBERG wrote Tuesday, September 01, 2009 4:30 PM

It seems sensible to have a distinct, lower, value, but something
like 40 would place it below everything else while retaining some
future flexibility.

OK.  Shall I commit this or will you do that?

Werner, I'll do it, but I've had second
thoughts.  If we make this change it will
give all multi-measure rest text priority
over script text, which may not be desirable.
Priority should be given only to fermata.
Text script and multi-measure rest text other
than fermata should continue to be prioritised
according to which comes first, as now.

So instead I propose to change the definition
of \fermataMarkup to:

fermataMarkup =
#(make-music 'MultiMeasureTextEvent
  'tweaks (list
            ; Set the 'text based on the 'direction
            (cons 'text (lambda (grob)
              (if (eq? (ly:grob-property grob 'direction) DOWN)
                (markup #:musicglyph "scripts.dfermata")
                (markup #:musicglyph "scripts.ufermata"))))
            (cons 'outside-staff-priority 40)))

This works, but I'm not sure if I've got
the Scheme indentation right.

Carl, as my first frogs task could you please
check this out before I commit?

Trevor