Re: Copyright issues

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Copyright issues
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 11:51:50 +0200

On 8 Sep 2009, at 02:42, Joe Neeman wrote:

If you meant ghostscript in particular, then I guess we'll have to
stay with ghostscript <8.70 for now.

We don't link to ghostscript -- we merely call the command line program
-- so the GPL doesn't apply.

I think that copyright only applies to how it is redistributed, and not how it is used. Mac OS X LilyPond has a gs in its distribution. So its GPL version will apply to that part when (re-)distribution. So you need to make sure that when you distribute it, you do not violate any of its terms, like tivoization - which isn't an issue on Mac OS X.

  Hans