Re: Switching to Waf instead of SCons?

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Switching to Waf instead of SCons?
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 16:46:46 +0200

Le samedi 12 septembre 2009 à 16:32 +0200, John Mandereau a écrit :
> It might be better to put it back to the beginning of the file.  FWIW
> PACKAGE_NAME is used for the tarball name, so we might want to .lower()
> it.

BTW we must pay attention to the fact that conf.env['top-build-dir']
might refer to the directory currently known as
$(top-build-dir)/$(outbase).  We should get clear about this as well as
deciding whether we keep current out/build directories scheme (one out/
directory per source subdirectory), which would require creating a new
context for each subdirectory of the sources, or default Waf scheme with
only one out/build/ directory at toplevel, which would only require
creating for the documentation one context for each language (that would
e.g. yield build/www/ build directory for English docs and
build/www/LANG for each other language LANG).  Frankly, I'm not fond of
creating a zillion of contexts by creating one per subdirectory and type
of build (docs, regtest comparison, binary).

If you didn't get the paragraph above, see
http://freehackers.org/~tnagy/wafbook/single.html#scenario_variant

Best,
John