Re: GUB problems with git describe

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: GUB problems with git describe
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 21:38:48 +0200

Le mercredi 23 septembre 2009 à 19:52 +0100, Graham Percival a écrit :
> GUB uses shallow clones, presumably to decrease the bandwidth
> requirement?  I don't know, but I'd rather not start messing with
> stuff that currently works.

For source code other than the project that is being packaged, shallow
clones are OK, but for LilyPond it's not a good idea, as your problem
shows.  IIRC it's possible to point GUB to your existing Lily Git repo.
Well, anyway, I'm too busy to look at GUB again before moving to Italy
next week (from Wednesday to Sunday).

Best,
John