Re: Progress indicator

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Progress indicator
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 23:16:20 +0100

2009/9/24 Michael Käppler <address@hidden>:

> I'd like to propose the following as a possibility to provide a simple
> progress indicator for the "Preprocessing graphical objects" stage.
> I'm happy to read your comments.

Have you tested this using an editor?  I've tried a fairly long piece
using Frescobaldi and LilyPondTool, and neither likes the backspaces:

Preprocessing graphical objects... (1 %) (2 %) (3 %)
%) (10 %) (11

The lion's share of the preprocessing time is taken up by
springs-and-rods (i.e., after 80%); when run via the command line, it
was difficult to see anything before 81% (and it sits around here for
a long time before zipping up to 100%).

Warning messages interrupt the progress indication, though there's
probably nothing you can do about this.

Regards,
Neil