Re: Progress indicator

From: Michael Käppler
Subject: Re: Progress indicator
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 00:29:34 +0200

Have you tested this using an editor?  I've tried a fairly long piece
No, I haven't.
using Frescobaldi and LilyPondTool, and neither likes the backspaces:

Preprocessing graphical objects... (1 %) (2 %) (3 %)
(4 %) (5 %) (6 %) (7 %) (8 %) (9
%) (10 %) (11
Argh... I admit that it isn't a very clean way to do this. I'll try to find a better solution (never thought that it would be as tricky as it actually seems to be...)
The lion's share of the preprocessing time is taken up by
springs-and-rods (i.e., after 80%); when run via the command line, it
was difficult to see anything before 81% (and it sits around here for
a long time before zipping up to 100%).
Hmm... I'll try to introduce a --verbose mode that prints the time needed for each stage, so we can run a test suite and hopefully get to considerable defaults.
Can you propose a good way how to set the constants in Lily or SCM code?

Regards,
Michael