Re: Autobeaming

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Autobeaming
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 23:18:56 +0000

On Fri, Jan 01, 2010 at 02:13:51PM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
> "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > For varying time signatures changes could still
> > be made via \overrideTimeSignatureSettings.
>
> I consider it a grave user interface mistake to have some things work
> only with \overrideTimeSignatureSettings,  but not with
> \override timeSignatureSettings.

Yes, it is.  Fixing this has been planned for a year.

Why not "just do it" now?  Well, we don't have a definite answer
for what to change it _to_, and we get enough grief for changing
the syntax.  The next time things change should be the last time.
That's the whole point of GLISS, which is delayed until 2.14.

Once 2.13.10 is out, I'll prioritize putting my intro notes for
GLISS onto a webpage, so that we stop rehashing old material.