Re: G clef changes

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: G clef changes
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 12:01:42 +0100

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 6:49 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> Don't load this as a picture into firefox on X11.  It is something like
> 10000x10000 pixels, and apparently firefox allocates a full-size
> display-depth pixmap for that, making the server swallow more than 1.2G
> of memory.
> I managed to kill the firefox process by now.  It was not pretty.

I had a look without any problem (well, perhaps having a 64-bit CPU
with lots of memory helps in this regard :-).

Carl, Marc, how would that affect the regtests-checking process? When
applying this patch all outputted PNGs will look different than
before, so isn't there a risk that some actual regressions go
unnoticed?

Cheers,
Valentin