Re: Building LilyPond outside the source tree

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Building LilyPond outside the source tree
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 22:28:11 +0100

Le samedi 02 janvier 2010 à 21:34 +0100, Harmath Dénes a écrit :
> The result is the same,

Gosh, I should have noticed the actual error earlier, see below.

>  I just don't have to do distclean.

I disagree with this.  If you don't distclean or doc-clean in the source
tree, you'll probably get weird build errors.

>  So, starting with a clean working tree:
>
> thsoft-macbook:lilypond-translation thsoft$ ./autogen.sh --noconfigure
> thsoft-macbook:lilypond-translation thsoft$ cd ../lily-build
> thsoft-macbook:lily-build thsoft$
> /Users/thsoft/Development/lilypond-translation/configure
> <checks stripped>
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: creating config.make
> config.status: creating config.hh
> find: illegal option -- m
> find: illegal option -- a
> find: illegal option -- e
> find: illegal option -- p
> find: illegal option -- t
> find: illegal option -- h

It looks like your implementation of find doesn't recognize option
-maxdepth.  As I already announced a lot of times, I don't work any more
on the old build system except obvious bugfixes, so I have no suggestion
better than installing GNU findutils or another implementation of find
which recognizes and implements this option.

Sorry,
John