Re: Need help with building docs on openSUSE build service

From: Dave Plater
Subject: Re: Need help with building docs on openSUSE build service
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 11:39:48 +0200

On 01/07/2010 10:37 AM, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Op donderdag 07-01-2010 om 09:02 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Dave
> Plater:
>

>> Sorry at the beginning of this mail I said I suspected ghostscript, this
>> is what I get in the failed build after the first mention of "Processing
>> `./3f/lily-65a7b1b1.ly'" :-
>> `gs  -dNOSAFER -dEPSCrop -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH
>> -r1200 -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile="./3f/lily-65a7b1b1-1.pdf" -c
>> .setpdfwrite -f "./3f/lily-65a7b1b1-1.eps"' failed (11)
>>
> Right.   This is the command I filed a bug report for and asked you to
> check a few days ago, see
>
>     http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2010-01/msg00147.html
>
> Glad to learn it fails for you too.  Hopefully this helps the
> ghostscript maintainers to update a bit more quickly and frequently :-)
>
> Greetings,
> Jan.

This is where it starts to go wrong but there are many successful gs
commands and only the one that fails. I'm now using the opensuse "build"
command which osc is based on to troubleshoot and I'm trying build
without the "# norootforbuild" header in the spec file and using "#
needsrootforbuild" where, if I understand the man page, the build is
done as root as apposed to user abuild which is used with osc and the
build service, to find out why this command fails with build service and
doesn't fail with rpmbuild run as root. When you compile from sources,
you normally do so as user so if I'm right then a normal build from
sources as user would fail, if lilypond didn't take so long to compile
the doc section I would have already tried this. Under what
circumstances do you get the same failure?
If you're interested in gs-1.70, I've installed the fc10 src rpm with
zypper and have renamed xorg-x11-libXt-devel to libXt-devel built in
home:plater:branches:X11:XOrg and renamed libjasper-devel to
jasper-devel to make this possible.
Oh well the above mentioned attempt to build with build just failed in
exactly the same place, so either it's a missing package or something
that differs in the environment. I've inserted a "gs -h" before the
first make command in the hope of finding something there. What is the
exact meaning of "failed (11)"? I'll check out your link but if the
above failed command succeeds when I compile with rpmbuild it's got to
be something that differs between the two builds.
Thanks
Dave P