Re: Improving the ROADMAP

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Improving the ROADMAP
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 18:29:04 -0800 (PST)

John Mandereau wrote:
> Where has gone the comment on the directory structure of a
> translation?  It's still needed in the new roadmap.

Oops.  How's this?

|   |   TRANSLATED MANUALS:
|   |     Each language's directory can contain...
|   |       1) translated versions of:
|   |          * top sources for manuals
|   |          * individual chapters for each manual
|   |       2) a texidocs/ directory for snippet translations
|   |
|   |-- de/              German
|   |-- es/              Spanish
|   |-- fr/              French
|   |-- hu/              Hungarian
|   |-- it/              Italian
|   |-- ja/              Japanese
|   |-- nl/              Dutch

> I'm not wild about listing nl/ by the way, as it's a
> purely technical trial rather than a translation.

I would worry if you *were* wild about it!  But if it's not
a translation, then the directory should be removed or
renamed to something like "test".  Then we could file it
under "MISCELLANEOUS DOC STUFF".  As it stands, I thought
it's presence might inadvertently inspire some future
translator.

- Mark