Re: Make tab-note-heads and fretboards use common code. (issue186268)

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Make tab-note-heads and fretboards use common code. (issue186268)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 06:05:18 -0700

On 1/25/10 6:59 PM, "address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2010/01/24 01:36:35, Carl wrote:
>
>> I think I've dealt with everything, but there is still an open
> question on
>> ly:context-property.  As far as I can see, there is not currently a
> means of
>> putting a default in the ly:context-property call.  I can see that it
> would be
>> good to have that.  I'm not sure I know how to do it, but I'll look
> into it.
>
> Exactly.  Though it's not going to be as useful as defaults in
> ly:grob-property, it'd be a nice enhancement.

Should this be a separate patch, probably applied before the current patch?

>> Oops -- yes I did.  I wanted a boolean, but there is not a scm_call_5,
> and
>> anytime the boolean was true I needed a grob, so I just used the grob
> as the
>> fretboard indicator.
>
> Though it's undocumented, there is a scm_call_5 (I used it when fixing
> \put-adjacent).  You could use scm_call_n instead of course.

I tried scm_call_5, and got a compile error.  Then I looked at the guile
page, and no scm_call_5, nor a scm_call_n.

git grep scm_call_5 returns nothing.

So does git grep scm_call_n.

How can I use scm_call_5 or scm_call_n?  (Although I think the solution I
got is actually just as good).

>> What is the indentation issue here?
>
> The two-space indentation, e.g., below
>
> (let ((string-frets
>
> or
>
> (ensure-number

Yes, I found and fixed those.  This question was about lines 235-239

  (define placement-list->....
   "Convert .....
   (map (lambda (x) (...)
        (filter ((lambda (l) ...) placement-list))))

That indentation seems to me to be correct.

Thanks,

Carl