Re: How to do this correctly?

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: How to do this correctly?
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:54:45 -0700

On 1/27/10 11:59 AM, "David Kastrup" <address@hidden> wrote:

> The following does what I _want_ but looks more like an accident than
> anything else.
>
> \new Voice \with { \consists "Ambitus_engraver" }
> { \key des\major \set keySignature = #'() des' d'' }
>
> What I want is the ambitus to be engraved without signature.
>
> Working with \override Ambitus #'keySignature #'() and similar does not
> appear to have any effect.
>
> Setting the keySignature of the context in this manner would not appear
> to be sane and likely has unwarranted side effects on other constructs.
>
> So how to do this better?

I don't think there is a way to do this better as the code sits now.  The
accidentals in the ambitus are AmbitusAccidentals, and are create by the
Ambitus_engraver, so the standard accidental styles (which might do what you
want) don't apply.

keySignature is read by Accidental_engraver, Ambitus_engraver, and
Key_engraver, so I guess you can tell where the undesired side effects might
show up.

HTH,

Carl