Re: Font error with angle brackets for harmonics in tablature

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Font error with angle brackets for harmonics in tablature
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 18:17:31 -0800

On 2010-01-30, Patrick McCarty wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
> > When trying to display harmonics in tablatures, I get a font error:

[snip]

> > Any clues on how to solve this?
>
> I added a tracker issue for this after a long discussion I had with
> James Bailey:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=976

One possibility is shown in the attached patch.  The PNG shows the
rendering of the tablature-harmonic.ly regression test with this
patch.

It's not a final solution by any means, because all of the values are
hardcoded, and you would probably like to have configurable thickness,
slope, etc.

But this would eliminate the errors you are currently seeing.

Hope this helps,
-Patrick