[Patch] generalized markup-command and markup-command-list signatures

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [Patch] generalized markup-command and markup-command-list signatures
Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 19:03:12 +0200

Seems like nobody reads this thread anymore, or missed out on the
interesting parts.  Quoted without attribution for simplicity.

>> I'd say, a markup-list command signature should follow the pattern:
>>
>>   scheme* markup* markup-list*
>>
>> that is, any number of scheme arguments, then any number of single markup
>> arguments, then any number of markup-list arguments, even though I don't
>> know if having several markup list arguments is useful or not (and if it's
>> doable).

I've went to scheme* markup* markup-list* right now (unifying the
possible arguments for markup and markup list commands) and that appears
to work without regression.  The main problem here is that the syntax
needs to tell (scheme* markup) markup command argument lists from the
rest, because the former can be chained together and worked off with
map-markup-command-list.

Check out <URL:http://codereview.appspot.com/969046>