Re: nasty header positioning issues

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: nasty header positioning issues
Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 17:38:10 +0100

On Sat, May 01, 2010 at 06:05:36PM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > Please, please, don't ever wonder about this.  If anybody finds
> > anything in the archives that might possibly be useful: add it to
> > LSR.  Don't stop to wonder.  Don't think.  Do not pass go.  Just add
> > it to LSR.
>
> Adding to the LSR is always useful, but in this case you've missed my
> point (and I wasn't clear enough): The original problem is a bug, and
> Kieren's solution essentially circumvents it in a nifty way.  So my
> question is basically whether we shall document his workaround, thus
> making it sacrosanct...

Ah, I did indeed miss that point.

However, adding a bug workaround to LSR or even to the .itely
files themselves doesn't make the bug (or workaround) sacrosanct;
we've fixed bugs and eliminated workarounds like this in the past.
As long as the snippet text clearly states that this is a
bug workaround and might be obsolete in the future, I see no
problem whatsoever.