Re: make Completion_heads_engraver respect tuplets and scaling

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: make Completion_heads_engraver respect tuplets and scaling
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 16:04:05 +0100

On 1 May 2010 23:58, PálBenkő <address@hidden> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> patch and an example below.
>
> this may look academical, but I need this feature when
> transcribing renaissance music - for real life examples see
> http://wiki.lilynet.net/index.php/Benkop_projects
> the Ockeghem and la Rue examples.

This looks OK to me.  Can you add a short regression test to go in
input/regression?

> I want to handle rests also; could someone help me
> with advice?  in particular, should I add a listen_rest
> or handle it fully within note handling?

It should be done with a new engraver, which replaces Rest_engraver
and Multi_measure_rest_engraver.

I had a go at creating a Completion_rests_engraver last year (see the
attached patch), but it needs some more work to fix problems when
skipBars = ##t.

Thanks,
Neil