Ousting bad people (was: Don't hardcode a limited set of markup signatur

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Ousting bad people (was: Don't hardcode a limited set of markup signatures. (issue969046))
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 16:57:15 +0200

> Hi Han-Wen,
>
>> I take issue with the way you interact with me on the mailing-list,
>> and I have had enough of it.
>
> For the record, I am appalled at David's etiquette -- which is to say,
> complete lack thereof

Thanks for that important observation.  It is likely to improve the
quality of contributions.

> -- and understand your reaction completely. While I appreciate and (at
> a basic level) value every- and anyone's input into Lilypond, I
> certainly value yours more than his, in no small part because of the
> bad spirit with which his is constantly contributed.

Most certainly.  In the five days I'm tearing my hairs out in order to
get the work of two days accepted, he can do the same amount of work
twice over and commit it.  Without needing to bother about those parts
of reviews which he does not consider thoughtful as in "patches will be
thoughtfully considered".

You'd be a fool to pick otherwise.  Having my chains yanked is not
something I deal with gracefully.

> There are undoubtedly others that feel the same way.

There is no shortage of them: they are easier to recruit than coders.