Re: Don't hardcode a limited set of markup signatures. (issue969046)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Don't hardcode a limited set of markup signatures. (issue969046)
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 19:47:59 +0200

> ideally, this would be broken up in two separate blocks of code, so we
> dont have one 70 line block of code, which suggests that something
> much more complicated is going on.

There were _37_ lines of code (please don't count comment lines
_against_ me) that do a more general job than the _51_ lines of code
that are there in the Lilypond repository.

In addition, there were 20 lines of comments.  The version in the
Lilypond repository has no comment in that part.

The version which you found fit to continue complaining about without
looking at it has boiled this down to 23 lines of code, with 22 comment
lines.

What are you trying to accomplish with that sort of behavior?

Could please somebody else bother to look at this patch set and see
whether he finds it particularly hard to understand, in particular in
comparison to the code it replaces?

The least I can expect after putting in that amount of work is a fair
assessment.