temporary bug squad member needed

From: Graham Percival
Subject: temporary bug squad member needed
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 14:49:13 +0100

Hi guys,

Sorry to do this, but we need another bug squad person, starting from
1 week ago and lasting until 1 month after 2.14.0.  Patrick?  Mark?
Trevor?  Any of you willing?

We'll skip over the customary review of all regtests (which is a nice
introduction for new bug squad members); all you need to do is add
items to the tracker for good bug reports.  We've had approximately 5
bug reports in the past week, and possibly 2 or 3 in the week before
that; I don't want these to get lost.

I know it's a piss-poor use of resources to ask highly skilled
developers (able to use git, compile, write scheme, etc.)  to do this,
but there's no indication of any users willing to pick up the slack,
and in any case I'm not willing to train anybody who I don't know will
follow through.  After 2.14 is out, we'll start GOP and I'll do
precisely that, but I'm not up for it right now.

Estimated workload: not counting time spent reading bug-lilypond
(which I'm pretty sure you all do anyway), 30 minutes a week, lasting
until 1 month after 2.14.0.  Plus maybe 1 or 1.5 hours to catch up on
the backlog and learn any of the ropes that you don't already know.