Re: Issue 915 Multi-measure rests dependent on prefatory matter in other

From: Karl Hammar
Subject: Re: Issue 915 Multi-measure rests dependent on prefatory matter in other staves
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 15:37:06 +0200 (CEST)

Neil Puttock:
> On 15 May 2010 09:58, Karl Hammar <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Patching with [3] (see [2]) still gives something (see attachment)
> > more like rest-2.12.png in [1], i.e. it was not fixed.
>
> You must've done something wrong when applying the patch/rebuilding.
>
> I wouldn't post a patch on Rietveld without first confirming the
> regression is fixed.

I don't think so either, you are more than welcome to point out what I
did wrong:

git-pull
wget http://codereview.appspot.com/download/issue931041_1.diff
patch -p1 < issue931041_1.diff --dry-run
patch -p1 < issue931041_1.diff
make > log 2>&1; make test-redo >> log 2>&1

> >  Allow user override of left/right spacing of full-bar rests relative
> >  to barlines or prefatory material.
> >
> > implies that one has to do an override. The comment gives no help for
> > what override to use.
>
> The patched files should make it clear:
>
> +     (spacing-pair ,pair? "A pair of booleans which set the spacing for a
> +multi-measure rest relative to its left and right @code{BreakAlignment}s.
> +If true, the rest is spaced to the bar line, ignoring prefatory items such
> +as clefs and time signatures; if false, it is spaced relative to the
> +BreakAlignment, which includes prefatory items. ")
>
> +     (spacing-pair . (#f . #t))
>
> ^ default value for MultiMeasureRest

Yes, I can see the lines (last in the patch) when you point the out for me.
But, nevertheless I got the result I got.

Also, it would be much easier to look throuht the patch if it did not
contain so many whitespace changes. In the first 100lines, I see:

+bool
+Bar_line::non_empty_barline (Grob *me)
+{
+  return has_interface (me) && !me->extent (me, X_AXIS).is_empty ();
+}
+

and the rest is whitespace changes. That makes the reader tired.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar