Re: bounties

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: bounties
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 23:19:56 +0100

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 06:08:06PM -0400, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hey bounty hunters,
>
> > We should certainly extend and emphasize the bounty system.
>
> Is there any resistance (philosophically) to using something like Kickstarter
> to get/track pledges?

I don't see the point of dragging in more infrastructure.

- we haven't seen much interest from developers in responding to
  pledges.  This might change.
- we haven't seen much interest from users in *making* pledges.
  This might change, especially if we start advertising it, but
  more especially if developers start chasing bounties.

At the moment, we might as well continue to add the tag to items
in the issue tracker as appropriate.  I mean, if we get so many
pledges that managing them by tagging issues becomes too much
work... well, I'd say that this would be a *fantastic* problem to
have.  :)