Re: CG regtest info

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: CG regtest info
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 19:56:57 +0200

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 7:51 PM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Adding info about the regtests to the Regression chapter is good.

Thanks.

> - I'm not so certain about [...]

Will do. I'm a bit rusty WRT doc work. (Or LilyPond work at all, really.)

> ... err... actually... shouldn't the "make check" stuff be the *only*
> discussion about regtests here?  I mean, we do **not** want Bug Squad
> members to be compiling anything; they should just check the latest
> official online regtests.  If somebody wants to check to see if a
> patch breaks anything, they'll want "make check" to automatically
> compare stuff, not manually looking at the output of "make test",
> right?

I'm about to push the part about online checking.

As for the make check/ make redo/ make whatnot part, I'll write this
as a draft but I hope someone will check and correct my wild guesses.
It's not like I'm familiar with this stuff at all... :-/

Cheers,
Valentin