potential 2.14 alpha, website switch

From: Graham Percival
Subject: potential 2.14 alpha, website switch
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 15:46:06 +0100

Unless I hear otherwise in the next 18 hours, I'm going to declare
2.13.33 the first "alpha" release of 2.14, and invite users to try it
out.  I'll also switch to the new website.

As noted below, two of these issues have patches.  I don't want to
hurt anybody's feelings by announcing the "alpha with these 3 known
critical bugs" when so much work has gone into fixing them (818 in
particular).  I'm totally fine with delaying the alpha for a few days,
releasing 2.13.34 with the fixes for 818 and 1173, and _then_
announcing the alpha.

In the announcement, I plan to highlight all the Critical items.  These are:
Issue 1231:      New clefs collide with compressed multimeasure rests
[regression since 2.13.29]

Issue 818:       Bus error when adding Instrument_name_engraver to
StaffGroup and outputting MIDI
*** patch exists ***

Issue 1173:      LilyPond crash when using
showFirstLength/showLastLength with \compressFullBarRests
*** patch exists ***