Re: potential 2.14 alpha, website switch

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: potential 2.14 alpha, website switch
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 19:35:48 +0100

On 12 September 2010 15:46, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:
> Unless I hear otherwise in the next 18 hours, I'm going to declare
> 2.13.33 the first "alpha" release of 2.14, and invite users to try it
> out.  I'll also switch to the new website.

Do you mind postponing it until 2.13.34?

Since Carl's given the OK for #818, I'll push that later.

> In the announcement, I plan to highlight all the Critical items.  These are:
> Issue 1231:      New clefs collide with compressed multimeasure rests
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1231
> [regression since 2.13.29]

Unless anybody can think of a better solution for this, I'll push the
change I suggested for 'spacing-pair and tweak the regtest for #915 by
adding a manual override.

> Issue 1173:      LilyPond crash when using
> showFirstLength/showLastLength with \compressFullBarRests
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1173
> *** patch exists ***

It doesn't work properly.  The second patch Mike put up on Rietveld
only works for the simplest of snippets; anything remotely musical
causes it to choke.

Cheers,
Neil