Re: Lilypond's internal pitch representation and microtonal notation

From: Joseph Wakeling
Subject: Re: Lilypond's internal pitch representation and microtonal notation
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 12:08:46 +0200

On 09/20/2010 10:47 AM, Hans Aberg wrote:
> On 20 Sep 2010, at 00:50, Joseph Wakeling wrote:
>
>> Hence why I say that the issue of effective microtonal support still
>> requires action at the code level, and is not simply a matter of better
>> documentation ... :-(
>
> I made a post about this issue last week, but there were no responses.
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2010-09/msg00138.html

I saw the post but was not sure quite how to interpret it.  Could you
write up some more extensive notes on the algorithm and its aims and
possibilities?

I did wonder if the fact it was Haskell code was part of the reason for
the lack of response.  I have a lot of admiration for Haskell but I can
see there being problems extending Lilypond with yet another language.