Re: NR 2.2.1 keyboards, staff changes

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: NR 2.2.1 keyboards, staff changes
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 16:09:42 +0100

Keith E OHara wrote Monday, September 20, 2010 12:38 AM

I am suggesting a new @knownissues for the Notation Reference 2.2.1. The corresponding bug tracker issues are 1043, 439, and 36. If issue 1043 is solved, the second paragraph of my suggestion will become obsolete.

I wrote the text below based on observed behavior of LilyPond 2.12.3 and 2.13.33 (as opposed to understanding its code). I have been using the workaround for six months, including about three piano pieces where the work-around-able issue came up.

Keith

Although this would seem to be a valuable addition to the
Notation Reference, the policy is not to add bugs which are
in the bug tracker to @knownissues.  With 420 open bugs,
adding each of them to the documentation is both impractical
and wasteful of resources, as they would need to be removed
as soon as they were fixed, often within a few weeks.  An
exception might be made for defects marked "postponed", as
that means they will not be fixed in the foreseeable future.  But
that doesn't apply to any of these bugs at present.

But thanks for taking the trouble to do this.  Even if it doesn't
make it to the docs your post will remain available in the archives
where it can be found by others.

[Graham: I know this is, or at least was, the policy, but I don't
see it in the CG.]

Trevor