Re: Doc fixes for \applyOutput ... ok to push?

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Doc fixes for \applyOutput ... ok to push?
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 10:13:20 -0700 (PDT)

David,

I'm only going to comment on the formatting (and not the
content), since I only have a minute here.

> +(@rinternals{ApplyOutputEvent}).  Its syntax is

Add a colon after "Its syntax is".  See here:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/contributor/other-text-concerns

> "@var{proc}", "@var{context}":

Unless you're inside an @example block, you should wrap
these @var{} blocks in @code{}:

"@address@hidden", "@address@hidden"

I know the file was not like this to begin with, and it
looks like I forgot to mention it when I rewrote the "Syntax
survey" (CG 4.3.6), but you should change them (including
both instances of @var{proc}, even though they're on
unmodified lines).  And maybe remind me to update the Syntax
survey.  (:

Also, it looks like your column width is set to 72 or so,
and some of us (at least Graham and I) prefer 66:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/contributor/text-formatting

> -  e4 g8 \applyOutput #'Voice #blanker b d2
> +  b'4 g8 \applyOutput #'Voice #blanker <<b bes>> bes2

I'll have to see what this looks like later.

- Mark