Re: Doc fixes for \applyOutput ... ok to push?

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Doc fixes for \applyOutput ... ok to push?
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 18:07:37 -0700 (PDT)

David Kastrup wrote:
> While a rationale is strictly not necessary in a bunch of
> instructions, it will do wonders for morale and
> acceptance.

David,
I guess I didn't think morale was an issue here...  Anyway,
would you prefer this change to be made?

 @item
 @code{@@address@hidden@address@hidden --- Use for metasyntactic variables (such
 as @address@hidden, @address@hidden, @address@hidden, etc.).
-When referring to variables in the text, use
+In the PDF and HTML output, variables should appear in a monospace
+font (to indicate that they are elements of program code).  So
+when referring to variables in the text, use
 @code{@@address@hidden@@address@hidden@address@hidden@}}, unless the
 @code{@@address@hidden@address@hidden is already within another fixed-width
-command such as @code{@@address@hidden@address@hidden
+command such as @code{@@address@hidden@address@hidden or @code{@@example}.