Re: stupid question

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: stupid question
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 07:39:11 +0200

Jean-Charles Malahieude <address@hidden> writes:

> Le 22/09/2010 22:10, Graham Percival disait :
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 9:02 PM, Jean-Charles Malahieude
>> <address@hidden>  wrote:
>>> Before I go to bed, I would like to know what you mean with you commit
>>> 29bd6abd1 (Build: dist fix)
>>> TRANSLATORS: would stop stop screwing up like this?  :/
>>>
>>> As far as I remember, the extending manual has never been compiled since the
>>> docs have been revamped, and there is just one translated node in
>>> "programming interface" (Using Scheme code instead of tweak) that I have not
>>> checked for long.
>>
>> This commit:
>> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commit;h=2fd29d6224d27c989d9bfab126dd7220fa4f0647
>>
>> Put a file into: Documentation/fr/extending/

[...]

>> I was a bit inaccurate in that commit message -- I should have blamed
>> whoever merged the lilypond/translation branch, not necessarily the
>> translator.  I don't expect translators to know (or care) about the
>> odd aspects of our build system, but I *do* expect the translator to
>> know about this (at least, after I've yelled at him a few times).

I consider this a typo.  The last "translator" should be "translation
master" or something.  The person doing the merges, I should guess.

Otherwise it would not make sense.

> I'm sorry to have disturbed the build system. I was sure that since
> this notation's included filed had been moved to another manual in
> English, I just had to follow this re-affectation, not mention the
> container (directory) in the mother makefile and leave it as is until
> I begin to work on this manual.
>
> Next time, I'll park such a file anywhere else on the disk...

Sounds to me like the above typo gives the wrong impression and
discourages you from doing _your_ work.  Unless you _are_ the translator
master.