Re: Help with trying to alter an @lilypond example in the NR for Tracker

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Help with trying to alter an @lilypond example in the NR for Tracker item 1033
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 22:43:56 +0100

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 10:32 PM, James Lowe <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 29/09/2010 23:34, Graham Percival wrote:
>>
> One final thing on this, it seems to compile without \score { } even with
> the \layout { } still there.
>
> So is it 'valid' as an example to just use a

As far as the build system goes, I'm not certain.  As far as usable
docs go, no, that's not valid.  Users should know that they either
copy the example into a \relative c'' {} thing that they write
themselves, or else copy the entire example into a blank file.

Even if lilypond supports <<>> \layout{}  (which it probably does), I
think it's good form to write out the whole \score{}.  We have enough
questions about "where do I put this command?" already.  :(