Re: 13.35 or 13.36?

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: 13.35 or 13.36?
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 14:35:43 -0600

On 10/1/10 2:28 PM, "Xavier Scheuer" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 1 October 2010 22:15, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> 2.13.35 is the latest development release.
>>
>> 2.13.36 is the version that is created when you build from git, but it's not
>> yet released.
>>
>> That's why my latest fixes were for 2.13.36, rather than 2.13.35.  Fixes are
>> always one version later than the current devel release.
>
> I think what surprised Phil is that the current version number of
> downloadable development release (on lilypond.org website) is actually
> 2.13.36!!
> http://lilypond.org/development.html
>
> But according to git lilypond git repository the latest release is
> 2.13.35, not 2.13.36.
> Maybe Graham could give use some enlightenments about this (kind of)
> oddity.

Hmmm.  It seemed like we had this discussion some time ago, where we were
trying to decide which version we should have on the website.

Although the links say 2.13.36-1, they are broken, because 2.13.36-1 isn't
available for download -- it doesn't exist.

This is a website bug, and should be Critcal, IMO, because it prevents
downloading the latest devel.

If you go to the old website, you'll see that the latest development is
2.13.35, and the download links work.

HTH,

Carl